We Can Frame It
No matter your framing needs, at Mainely Frames & Gallery we can accommodate you with professionalism and quality.
Browse our selection of handcrafted Larson Juhl frames and try out the interactive guide.
Larson-Juhl Interactive Frame Design
We use the correct glass to frame your work and will explain when glass is not needed. We use only UV protective glass and we will help you decide which option is best for you. Our staff seeks the best way to care for new frames. (Cleaning may remove gold leaf or frame finishes). Matting artwork adds depth or texture to your piece, noting the differences between matting techniques such as over matting or float mounting. Archival framing is important to preservation. We use various papers, pastes and tapes to preserve artwork integrity. We consider environment: sunlight, humidity, heat.
Let our Custom Framer assist you with all your framing needs.
Choosing the right frame for artwork can be difficult. Our attention to detail and our close relationships with framers allows us to assist you in finding the finest frames for your artwork. We will help you with:
2. Using the correct glass – explaining the differences between plexiglass, UV coated & museum quality glasses.
3. The best way to care for new frames as cleaning products often remove gold leaf or frame finishes.
4. Matting artwork to add depth or texture to your piece, the differences between matting techniques such as over matting or float mounting.
5. Archival framing – different papers, pastes, and tapes are used to preserve the integrity of the artwork.
6. Consideration for environmental issues: direct sunlight, humidity, heat, etc.
7. Proper backing for works of art, archival materials or acid-free foam board should be used to prevent mold or condensation.